Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Deacons should preach less at Mass, Michigan bishop says :: Catholic News Agency (CNA)

St. Stephen the Deacon







When deacons are assigned to me, I tell them that their primary role is to "wait at the table of widows and orphans." While I require them to assist at Mass and be present at the recitation of Lauds and Vespers, I allow them to preach only on 1 Sunday Mass and the ferial Mass on Thursdays. They are assigned to take charge of the social services of the parish. I really believe that we must return to the original intention for the establishment of the Holy Order of Deacons. I am glad that at least one Bishops shares the same view!

follow this link: Deacons should preach less at Mass, Michigan bishop says :: Catholic News Agency (CNA)

No comments:

Post a Comment